Solar Energy Panels are used as a renewable energy resource to produce electricity from direct sunlight. These are photovoltaic devices made up of semiconductor silicon.
Eco Smart offers top class brands with UL listing, TUV certification and warranty of the manufacturer for wholesale prices for a long period of time. There is whole range of Solar Panels from 10watts - 225 watts of world's leading brands at wholesale prices.
Solar Panels are classified in following aspects
- Performance uniqueness
- Trade names
There are three main types of Solar Panels
- Monocrystalline Panels
- Multicrystalline Panels
- Amorphous Panels
Product features are given in the table belowSolar PanelProduct features and benefitsMonocrystalline PanelsResourceful and costlyMade of single large crystalBetter in low light conditionsMulticrystalline PanelsCommon out of all Solar PanelsBuildup of cells instead of a single cellCost effective power for DC loads or an inverter for AC loadsAmorphous PanelsCheaper to produceCan be used as a thin semiconductorLess efficientNo crystalline structure
General Benefits of Solar Panels
- Cost effective
- Decreases pollution and waste
- Eco friendly
- Good for emergency purposes
- Reduction in consumption of natural resources
Solar Power is primarily produced through the use of photovoltaic technology. PV cells or solar cells are used to convert solar energy into electricity.
Electricity Generation Process by Solar Panel
In brief, electricity production process by a photovoltaic cell is photons, or particles of light are absorbed by collectors and the energy released during this absorption is transferred as electrical current.
When sunlight hits the cell, it displaces electrons from the semiconductor. The positive and negative charge allow for the electrons to be controlled and directed through a cable.
In order to produce useful amounts of electricity, many solar cells are linked. Cells are mounted on a panel to make up a module, which are in turn organized into arrays. A commercial solar module can produce over 200 watts of electricity when operating at maximum capacity.
After the electricity is created by the solar cells; it passes through an electrical inverter, which changes the electricity from direct current to alternating current.
Once solar energy is converted into a usable form, it needs to be distributed or stored. Major solar plants transfer their electricity through cables directly into the national grid, which distributes it to residences and businesses
Solar cell is made of specifically treated silicon wafer with p-n junction. When sunlight hits the cell, it pierces through the p-n junctions and allows freeing an electron, which then crosses the junction into the n-type region immediately the photon of light strikes the top of the wafer.
The Process in detail
All Free electrons are then inside the n-region generates a voltage of about (0.5-0.6) volts under exposed circuit (no-load) condition. A typical commercial PV cell can produce about from 0.5 - 2.0 watt of electrical power, when connected to a load.
In conventional minor solar electric systems 32 - 40 cells are connected in sequences into modules (or panels). These panels can produce voltages of up to 20 V at open circuit and about 16-17 V at peak power. These voltages are appropriate for charging 12V batteries via charge regulators.
There are commercial modules with minor voltages of 24V or 48V. The features of the solar panel are as same as those of the cells, only scaled up in voltage and/or current based on the amount of solar cells used and their connection.
They should ideally face the true south if you are in the northern hemisphere for best use, and true north if you in the southern hemisphere. The tilt should be near to your latitude.The cost of solar cells reduces with increase in efficiency. Now solar energy is already being used as either a primary power source or as a backup power source.
Selection of the right battery is the way to successful and efficient operation of the Solar Systems. Since all the components in a Solar System depend on their batteries, these come in various types by construction and application.
In order to provide uninterrupted power supply during a power failure, BatteryBack-up Systems play a major role. These systems use Deep Cycle Batteries which require very less or no maintenance. To avoid the batteries being overly discharges or charged, controller is used.
Deep Cycle Battery has
- Backup power
- RV and boat "house" batteries
- Solar electric (PV)
Major Cycle Batteries are
- AGM ( Absorbed Glass Mat)
- Gelled : sealed maintenance free, cyclizing ability
- Flooded (wet)
Benefits of Solar Batteries
- No pollution
- Provides continuous flow of energy to critical loads, with one switch to back up batteries.
- Less maintenance
- Recharged daily by solar array
- Availability of various models
- Quality cables are available for specific applications
- Battery boxes are provided with the large systems
Another name for Solar Inverter is PVInverter. The general function of an inverter is to take current from battery and convert current (AC) to run any common load. In this case, Solar panels are made to convert direct current (DC) from a photovoltaic array into alternating current (AC) .
To determine the maximum power and the size of the inverter you require, make a list of all the equipments you need to run and the time duration of usage.
Eco Smart provides following types of Solar Inverters
- True sine wave inverters
- 3 phase inverters
- Portable inverters
- Battery based inverters
- Modified sine wave inverters
- Custom power supplies inverters
- Grid tie inverters
Features of Solar Inverters
- Mounting back plate included
- Communication ports included
- LCD backlight for 24 hours
- Inverter directs monitoring: checks the AC and DC conversion data
- Revenue grade inverter monitoring: checks for the Kilowatts produce by the system
- Customizable designs available
Solar Charge Controllers
A Solar Charge Controller is needed virtually in all Solar Power Systems that utilize batteries.
Functions of Solar PanelRegulating over - charging of the batteries -Regulate the power going from the Solar Panels to the batteries. Overcharging batteries will significantly reduce battery life and at worst damage the batteries to the point that they are unusable.
Block the reverse current from a battery bank from leaking backwards into the photovoltaic array. At night, when Solar Panels are not generating electricity, electricity can actually flow backwards from the batteries through the Solar Panels, draining the batteries. You’ve worked hard all day using Solar Power to charge the batteries, you don’t want to waste all that power! The Charge Controller can detect when no energy is coming from the Solar Panels and open the circuit, disconnecting the Solar Panels from the batteries and stopping reverse current flow.If your panel size is less than 2W, you do not require a Charge Controller.The Solar Charge Controllers permit Solar Panel Charge Controller to draw maximum power from a panel in your current conditions using its maximum power point tracking feature.
Types of Solar Charge Controllers
- Maximum Power Point Tracking [MPPT]
- Pulse Width Modulation[PWM]
This offers the ability to turn extra voltage into amperage by reducing the charge time for the battery.
This reduces the burden to the battery by gradually reducing the power supply to the battery without over charging.
Features of Solar Charge Controllers
- LED digital indicator light
- Temperature compensation
- Installation instructions included
- Battery system monitor
- No adjustable resistance
- Automatic selection of voltage
- Lighting protection
- On/off battery charging
- Field adjustable parameters
- Microcontroller control
Solar Cables and Interconnects
Eco Smart provides the eco-friendly Solar Cables and Interconnects for the Solar Power Systems. This is the way of cost reduction and obtaining an economic benefit from the systems.
Types of Cables
- Inverter cables
- MC output cables
- Output cables
- Controller to the battery
- Battery cables
- Inter-Module cables
Advantages of Solar Cables
- Easy installation
- High quality
- Eco friendly
Solar Mounting SystemsThese are used to hold and place Solar Panels, keep them safe from the damage caused by wind and keep them cool with air underneath the system components. These eco friendly and safe Solar Mounting Systems are good solutions for individual usage.
Types of Mounting Systems
- Ground Roof :
- These systems are used to get sunlight and space for applications.
- The large scale uses of this system is obtaining the maximum efficiency of electric output.
- 20 panels on one single pole can be held by these systems.
- The strong modules have power to tolerate strong winds.
- The advantages of these systems are easy maintenance ,durability and long service warranty period.
- Flat Roof:
- This system components are designed to be able to fix on any roof .
- The roof need to be strong to bear extra weight.
- There should be spacing in the module lines to avoid shadows.
- Roof Mounted:
- This systems does not require additional space in the ground.
- These can be installed on the roofs where most of the new buildings are constructed to use the space for these systems.
- These are designed according to the needs ,such as correct sizes, optimal construction and orientation.
Advantages of Solar Mounting Systems
- Easy installation
- Elegant appearances
- Long lasting protection from corrosion
- Problem free mounting
- Locked, tight and secure systems
- Systems are made of aluminum or stainless steel
- Horizontal and vertical mounting is possible
Please contact Eco Smart for your choice of Solar System Components. We will provide you the best package prices and quick delivery for almost all branded Solar System Components.